Thursday, July 14, 2011

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Palette - Yes Please!

I was oohing and aahhing at some Urban Decay eyeshadow palettes that we were chatting about in our Facebook group Nail Polish and Gossip (request to join :D). I was like man they're kind of expensive. I was texting my boyfriend and said I needed expensive makeup or I'd die. He says, don't you still have some credit left on that Ulta gift card I gave you for your birthday? Why yes I do!! So ladies, I browsed Ulta and narrowed down a few eyeshadow palettes. Help me pick!!!

(Click all to make bigger)
$34 Feminine - Comes with 6 shadows: Stray Dog, SWF, Midnight Cowboy,
Aquarius, Darkhorse, and Ecstasy. It also comes with travel sizes of the 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Zero (black) and Eyeshadoe Primer Potion in Eden (nude matte). I really like neutrals and I also wear purple. Blue isn't something I usually go for though.

$36 Sustainable - Comes with 10 shadows: YDK, Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, Flipside, Flash, Grifter, Pil Slick, Uzi, Kiddie Pool, Twice Baked, and Half Baked. It also comes with a cruelty-free eyeshadow brush (thehairs aren't from dead animals) and a mini original Eyeshadow Primer Potion. There are lots of neutral colors, a nice brown, dark black to accentuate my liner or make it smoky, and also some other brighter colors to play around with. I definitely use purple, rarely blue, and the teal is somewhat green, which I would prefer if it were more green. The cool thing about this palette is that it's made from bamboo (a sustainable and quickly growing material), the tray that holds the shadows is made of recycled paper, and the clear box it comes in is also recyclable.


$38 Ammo - Comes with 10 shadows: Smog, Mildew, Oil Slick, Last Call, Chopper, Maui Wowie, Shattered, Polyester Bride, Grifter, Sin. It doesn't come with anything extra cool like some of the other ones, just a normal spongey shadow applicator. This one is nice because it has neutrals, black for liner, and my beloved green. It also has a purpley color and a blue. It might have all the best colors. 

$48 Naked - Comes with 12 shadows: Virginia, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, and Gunmetal. This comes with a mini Eyeshadow Primer Potion in original and a cruelty-free shadow brush. This has more colors than the others, and all neutrals. I do wear neutrals way more than any other type of shadow. The only thing that worries me about this box is that the colors are all so similar. I feel like I might just choose the three or so that are my favorites and not use the others much. For those of you that have this, what do you think?

So help me choose ladies! I already have a full size primer potion, but that is the only UD item I have. I could also use a nice eyeshadow brush, so the ones with that are a plus. Which do you think I should get?





5 comments:

  1. I would say Ammo. I haven't tried the Naked palette, but NYX has a similar nude palette that actually has more in it for like half the price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Naked Palette, and although they appear similar they have qualities that are different enough to create lots of different looks. Naked gets my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Idk!! Now people are telling me Stila and TooFaced have great palettes too lol. Gosh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my Urban Decay palette (I have the Skull shadow box) and I LOVE their shadows. I've got one of the small Stila travel palettes too and it's nice but if I had to choose just one I'd go with Urban Decay.

    I'd recommend Ammo, simply because I have Shattered in my palette and I ADORE that color. I have Grifter and Chopper too and they're both great colors. And I want Sin and Smog and then, Last Call looks so pretty.......

    So just my suggestion. I did want to Naked palette but have backed off that lemming a bit. The Sustainable palette looks nice too. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naked- all the way. I own all of these and while the feminine pallette is nice- its very light. Naked gets a lot of use by me. Ammo can is ok and sustainable is nice as well, but you will use Naked much more. Or hold out and wait for a restock of the 15th anniversary pallette. It is superb. Although I have a deep and abiding love of all things MAC- UD has my eyeshadow hussy lovin heart.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments, and always read every one!