Saturday, July 9, 2011

MAC Eyeshadow - Malt

Mum and I went to Nordstrom for the first time and got distracted by the MAC counter. I tried doing her makeup the day before and insisted she needed nicer eyeshadow because the crap I was trying to put on her wasn't even pigmented. The brush wouldn't even pick it up. So we got her a new one :D. Meet MAC Malt.

MAC Malt is a very neutral colored matte eyeshadow. It has a pinkish beige tone to it. My mother pretty much only wears neutral colors when it comes to eyeshadow, so we went with this one with the help of the lovely MAC lady.
Here it is in person in its container. 

Here it is on mum with brown eyeliner

Here it is on me with blue eyeliner 

And again in a different light

Yes, it is subtle. It's a neutral. It does look a lot nicer than nothing though, and for me it makes a great base color for the overall lid. It was really nice though. It went on like I expected, without having to wipe my brush in it ten times, blended easily, and covered well. 

Here is what I ended up doing with it:


I added Rimmel eyeshadow from the Dark Signature quad on the outer edges of the top lid, the darkest and medium purples. Then topped it off with my new Rimmel Lash Flirt I got on sale. I love it!!

7 comments:

  1. I love it!!! You really should do more makeup reviews, you have beautiful eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your eyes are tooo cute !!! and I told you lash flirt was a must have =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo pretty! By the way, I am your new follower. Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to have you thanks so much!

    And Neeka Lash Flirt is totally my favorite mascara ever now. Maybe I should do a comparison. I have a few good ones.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments, and always read every one!