Friday, July 15, 2011

It All Ends - Harry Potter!

Image from: www.binsidetv.net
So excited!! So I just saw the new and final Harry Potter movie and it was awesome. At the end I really was about to cry because it was so awesome but sad that there won't be anymore. In celebration of HP I did a mani :D. 
The base color was China Glaze Ruby Pumps (3 coats). The pointer fingers were Harry Potter's glasses done in black creme with Zoya Kelly highlights. The ring fingers were HP symbols done in ArtNails gold striper polish. The lightening bolt part was super hard D:. For all the other nails I imagined spells.

 For the spells I used a Bundle Monster stamp in different colors and decided it was best to sort of mix colors with white so they would show up. The pinky was a mix of Konad white and ChG Techno Teal, but I think it smeared a bit. It really looks better in person. I topped the swirly spells with a few different glitters and flakies to make it magical :D.
 Close up of HP nail

Close up of HP glasses

Yea my nails are really short. They just keep breaking and breaking. It's a sad thing I know :(. 
Did you watch the new Harry Potter movie? Did you read the books? Did you like it?
Feel free to link your Harry Potter manis below!! :D

14 comments:

  1. Love them!! Man I loved the movie! We are going to go see it again when the crowds die down some :D :D

    I'd link mind you I know you saw it already! I love your spell nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I was worried the image in my head wouldn't look as good on the nail lol.

    Yea hehe yours reminds me of Wonder Woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could nail art like you dio Megan even for a special mani, how did you ever do the symbols like the HP and the ring finger, that is totally awesome Megan. I also love the way you support me here with just about every comment I make...I love that about you...I also,love that picture of you smelling the flowers on your profile page, it's been a real treat meeting and still helping you in this wonderful amazing group of woman and men, LOL

    Love,

    George :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies and Gent!

    George I got lazy and just used the crappy flimsy striper brush straight from the bottle of gold polish. I can't give you any tips for the lightening bolt part cause that was a fail lol.

    I started with the general outline, like made an imaginary half way mark down the middle of the nail and did the H on the left and P on the right. With a striper brush you have to be careful that it doesn't get away from you since it's meant for long swooshing lines. I recommend a teeny tiny brush.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are sooo cute! Yes, I've read the book and seen all of the movies. Hahahaha, I didn't even attempt do do the lightning bolt P on my mani because I failed at Harry's scar, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea mine was pretty seriously bad lol. See it always looks good in person though because no one would notice. I just hate that these close up pictures show every negative detail :P.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great nails! They're so much more creative than mine! I just posted them, along with photos of the t-shirts my sister and I made specially for the premiere! It's the latest post on my blog. Let me know what you think of them! :]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great nails! They're so much more creative than mine! I just posted them, along with photos of the t-shirts my sister and I made specially for the premiere! It's the latest post on my blog. Let me know what you think of them! :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. The manicure is awesome! I will miss HP so much! I started reading the books when they weren't still a big deal (at least here in Portugal) and when I knew there would be a film I was thrilled!!! Like this we almost feel like their mothers XD and it's so sad to see it coming to an end ;___; I will miss it so much... I think this is why I'm delaying watching this last film :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your nails, i watched the movie two days ago and got a headache from almost crying the whole time! lol I thoroughly enjoyed it, and your nails look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg I need that tshirt band haha!! And I have no SOPIs but I love me some glitter topcoats.

    Akuma yes! I feel like I grew up with this! I was lucky enough to start reading the books at about the same age as the characters were. It was an awesome experience.

    Aithne I would have cried more but when I started too I was embarassed my friend would laugh at me.....lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments, and always read every one!