Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Vote for Ginny's Nails

Ginny says (in sign language) please pick what color to paint my nails!
A new semester is starting soon, my final semester in college, so things in my life are changing. I have to give up my job with Ginny, as I will be doing a 40 hour a week internship as well as another class. If you haven't met Ginny yet, she is a girl I've been taking care of on weekends for over a year. She has multiple disabilities, so things can be difficult. One thing she really enjoys is when I paint her nails. You can read more about her the first, second, and third times I painted her nails.
This weekend is my very last weekend working with her. Since I know many of you love my posts about Ginny, I thought I'd let you choose which nail polish I use. Because she can't speak to tell you if she's hurt or in pain, her mother prefers that I use a sheer polish so that you can see her nail through it. I went through my collection and picked out a few for you to choose from.
Diamond Cosmetics Gloworm Green (glow in the dark glitter), Nail Fetish Fairy Dust (holo glitter), WetNWild Party of Five Glitters, Barry M Pink Iridescent (glitter), China Glaze White Cap (gold and white frosty shimmer), CoverGirl Pink Twinkle, Zoya Soho Punch, and I totally forgot to add Finger Paints Twisted (multicolor flakie)

Zoya Astra (bright pink glitter), Zoya Nova (pinky purple glitter), Funky Fingers Manic Flamingo (pink jelly with blue shimmer), Revlon Dawn, Revlon Mystical, Revlon Grapefruit Fizz (pink glass fleck), Revlon Colada Fizz (blue glass fleck)

Please let me know which color you'd like me to paint Ginny's toes this special and final time. You can pick more than one if you want. Just comment with your choice or vote in the poll on the right sidebar. 

Ginny says thank you for loving us!

And we love you too!

15 comments:

  1. Your such an amazing person!! I say.... revlon grapefruit fizz :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah :D. I tried that one out to see if it was sheer and it was really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta go with Zoya...Soho Punch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for Zoya Astra or the Funky Fingers Manic Flamingo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww - she's adorable! Voting for Grapefruit Fizz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. too cute, i think she would love Nail Fetish Fairy Dust (holo glitter)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your posts about Ginny, my vote is for Nail Fetish Fairy Dust!

    ReplyDelete
  8. In my opinion, use Revlon Grapefruit Fizz or the holo glitter ^__^ I love you and Ginny and so I hope you still visit her whenever you can :) My love to both of you ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Grapefruit Fizz would be very pretty on Ginny! As a mother of a disabled child, I just want to say it warms my heart that there are such amazing people that work with our kids. You are an inspiration and I hope you know that. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much ladies! You have until Saturday afternoon to keep voting :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are completely fantastic :) your story really touched me. I like the sparkly Zoya Astra myself

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments, and always read every one!