Sunday, January 22, 2012

Birchbox January 2011

Here is my Birchbox for January 2011.

As you can see on the card I got Borghese Moisture Intensifier, Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy perfume sample, Jouer Body Butter, Stila eyeliner, and a mini Larabar.

I kind of liked the perfume, and I'm sure the liner is nice. The Larabar sounded good but really wasn't. It was also 100 calories at about two bites. The body butter is fine, but boring and flowery. Moisture intensifier...wtf is that? So it's official. I'm cancelling my subscription as soon as I get around to using my points. It's not that Birchbox is bad, it's just okay. I wanted more than just okay. And I feel like the $10 a month I spend on this would be better saved and spent on fewer products that I'll actually use.
How do you feel about Birchbox?

4 comments:

  1. I canceled a while ago. I love Larabar. They have all natural ingredients so while they are high in calories they are a much better energy snack than what some people choose :) It's not really a matter of how many calories you consume, it's where they are coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same box I got. I was less than enthused. But, a friend got Zoya in hers. No fair! I don't know that I'm ready to cancel just yet. We shall see...

    ReplyDelete
  3. January was actually my very first bircbox. I wasnt sure what to expect so I'm really neutral with mine. The only thing that really saved it for me was the Zoya I got. I also got a couple of small skin care items I have no real use for, the same Juicy perfume (that I already had two of from Sephora) and a weird looking pouch of granola I have yet to touch. I'm going to stick with it for a few more months and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im actually just considering to sign up to a birch box type thing, glossy box here. I think I still want to try it out but am terrified of having a bad products and wasting money...

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments, and always read every one!