Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Country Hoedown!

 I just finished my 15 week 560 hour internship, wahoo! Now as soon as I graduate in two weeks, I'll actually have a life again! And my birthday is in two days! One of the things I did at my internship was plan and host a family event. The theme was Barnyard Hoedown and these are the nails I wore!
I didn't think about it till bed time the night before, so I did this super quick! Cow print on most of the nails, with an animal accent nail, and a gingham thumb nail. This one is a baby chick with Sally Hansen Yellow Kitty and NailArt orange :D.
Here is the piggy with OPI Sparrow Me the Drama and Sinful Colors Feeling Great.


Oink oink! I used Nubar Diamont as a top coat for the first time and definitely should have let my black dry longer, as it smeared. Good thing cow spots aren't perfect.

Chirp chirp! The white was one coat of Milani White, which is super sheer sadly. So I topped it with one coat of an unnamed off white shimmer from WetNWild, their Rock Solid line.


Here is a close up of the gingham nail. It actually wasn't too hard! I couldn't find a stamp for anything so I just free handed it.

One of the activities I planned was decorating cupcakes like farm animals. Here is a chicken cupcake! :D

The photo booth was a big hit and was super fun. We had all sorts of props including the pitch fork I made. The kids actually painted the cow!
Grab your partner and do-si-do!

1 comment:

I love and appreciate your comments, and always read every one!