So I used some blue nail polish that I don't even remember and ended up with Smurf nails. And hands! Yikes! I tried some things to remove the stains from my nails. I documented the before and after for each process to see how well it worked. You can click the picture to make it larger.
- Soap, warm water, and a little scrubbing seemed to help a lot! The pig is my vegetable brush :P. I really need to invest in a proper nail brush, but it works in a pinch.
- The lemon juice soak (3 minutes) didn't seem to do much honestly, when you look at the pictures.
- The whitening toothpaste helped a lot! I just used an old toothbrush I don't use anymore on my with the toothpaste and did it once or twice.
- Buffing definitely helps, but you shouldn't do it too often. Some people have really thin nails and say that buffing at all causes too much damage. Just buff lightly! I'd rather keep my nails in good condition and have them look nice with polish on than buff the stains off but have unhealthy thin nails.
- The cuticle oil was just for good measure and so you can see the final result. There is a teeny bit of blue here and there, but it's 293847234x better than the beginning!
How do you get stains out of your nails?