Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Guest Post: Water Marble

 Lena did a lovely water marble with a blogger spotlight for us. Thank you Lena! ~ Megan

Hello all of you! I'm Lena from Lena Loves Nails and when I heard Megan was looking for guest posts I jumped at the chance. (Congrats by the way!) So I thought I'd share a little bit about how I got into blogging and being a polish addict. 

I'm by nature a collector, it used to be gel pens but I collect a lot of random things. I'm also a gamer and in adding friends on Facebook for games I found other ladies who liked nail art. Up to that point I'd really only done flowers and shamrocks for St. Patrick's Day. One of my new friends put a picture up of a mani and I was super curious. I hadn't seen anything like it before, and I was quick to ask her what it was. She explained it was something called water marble and told me about Collette from My Simple Little Pleasures. Well I read her whole blog and watched every single video she had on Youtube and I was hooked. At this point I didn't have any China Glaze, Fingerpaints, Zoya anything really except cheapies from the drug store.

I showed my boyfriend her videos and he was fascinated too, so we went out and got supplies of course. And I did my first water marble the very next day. 

Here it is, my very first water marble (my own followers haven't even seen it yet!): 

As you can see it was before I learned how to take decent pics and how to clean up properly lol. Sorry for the quality and mess :)

I started trying more and more and after a while I decided to start my own blog. By this time I learned that there were nail art pages on Facebook and had made friends with quite a few ladies and they were all very helpful by the time I got to that point. I was so scared to start my own blog and page. Scared that nobody would read it or that they would read it and say I had no talent and that I should find another hobby. (I did in fact have one rude person my very first day on my page but otherwise everyone is so nice!) 

I have ended up meeting great friends and have awesome followers, I'm so happy I took the leap and decided to join the wonderful people (because its not just ladies anymore, which is awesome in my opinion). I get to have fun doing something I have ended up loving and I've learned a lot and can't wait to learn more. If you'd like to learn more about me and see what I've been up to definitely please stop by my blog and Facebook page as I love to chat! 

As always, thanks for stopping by :)
~Lena

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate your comments, and always read every one!